Wednesday, March 13, 2013

HIBITCHSCUS

Yessss, I did just go there. Named this look Hibitchscus. Something I've always wanted to do -- curse on my own blog in a clever way and maybe almost get away with being stealthy about it but then point it out really obviously like right now. This look aggregates a whole bunch of staple concepts I've been repping hard the past couple seasons: metallic threads, chunky chains, an especially tactile snapback, and tropical print, which sort of monopolizes my present list of obsessions. No exaggeration either -- I own a shift dress made of the exact same black and pink Hibiscus fabric on my bomber jacket. I've seen it on a million different wholesale websites and it makes me wonder how this whole "fast fashion" shindig works. Does one textile manufacturer "invent" a print and re-sell it to a garment manufacturer who turns it into an awesome bomber jacket and re-sells it to a wholesale retailer who sells it to me? Is it really that easy? Seems so not glamorous. Doesn't anyone get to snort coke off a Japanese architecture coffee table book at a loft in Berlin at some point during this process? Sad.



FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:

Snapback - ROMWE
Square frames - Claire's
Hibiscus bomber - YES STYLE
Metallic tank - ROMWE
Velvet leggings - ROMWE
Studded boots - TUSC BOUTIQUE
Studded bag - THIS IS TRANSITION

Clearly I'm still riding out the .png decoration "wave". It's just that... photos without decals feel boring and naked. Uploading and editing them is too easy. Give me something to do! Make me turn a hibiscus cartoon into a transparent file I can drag and drop onto an oversize .jpeg of me doing a subtle duckface! Put me to work!!

I'm not sure where the 'tropical swag' look stands in the trend scheme this year. I went hard with Polynesian themes last September, the color turquoise, vacation motifs, and Hawaii. But that was before the look took off in department stores like Macy's and Forever 21. Has "Shaka" since been stripped of its unspoken novelty? Weirdly, I don't know and I don't care. This Hibiscus bomber looks tight as shit. And turquoise gives my hair an indigo sheen. So I'm gonna wear what I like regardless of its prevalence on mannequins in the junior's department at Nordstrom.

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

13 comments:

  1. I'm in a tropical phase as well. I think it's going to hit sometime in the middle of Spring or right before Summer. Anyway, love the chunky chains. Good luck with the curse lol

    -AlexisSplash

    Deadlikeyourfame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you've got a pile of great looks
    i love your style!
    you are very inspiring!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is amazing! xx

    seeking--serendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fantastic! Great idea with the flowers. I love your jacket so very much ♥

    http://www.stefanystrange.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL BOOTS AND PANTS! THAT LIPSTICK LOOKS AMAZING ON YOU =)
    XOXO

    www.marshylicious.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
  6. The title of this post makes me giggle. Your fabulous.

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! Love the leggings x
    that-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete