Tuesday, March 13, 2012

GRUNGE ON ACID

Worked my Glamour Kills Raglan tee into a 'beach grunge' look a couple weeks ago. The weather's warmed up - A LOT - so I can finally pretend that I live near an ocean and dress accordingly. "Do you wanna skate... or swim?" my outfit asks. "Neither," I reply, "I'd rather pull ten bags of highly-processed snacks covered in flamin hot cheeto powder out of my backpack and eat them while watching other people do those things." Being 18 is the worst because it makes you want to reclaim the glory of your teenage years by hanging out in skate parks and having water gun fights on suburban playgrounds. But maybe there's more novelty associated with doing those things as a 'legal adult.' Because it means you haven't lost your spark... and then maybe the rest of adulthood won't be so bad. Sorry, dressing up as a teenager living the Venice Beach American DREAM makes me think about the fact that I'm not a teen anymore ALL THE TIME. The internet is such a teen-centric place. Seeming younger than you really are is the new seeming older than you really are. No one wants to be sophisticated anymore. Me included!












FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:
Fuschia headwrap - Vintage, judging by how long it's been in my closet
Sunglasses - 80s Purple
Jean jacket - Levis, Mustang Xchange
Raglan tee - GLAMOUR KILLS
Shorts - NATIVE HEART
Boots - YES STYLE
Backpack - O'Neill

My denim is on acid. Wash. HAHAH! GET IT!! I'm slapping my knee soooo hard right now. Native Heart knows what's up with their DIY studded denim pieces. They're practically art. Would NOT surprise me if someone had a pair of these framed in their living room. But it'd be kiiiind of a waste of a REALLY extremely perfect pair of shorts. Excited to pair them with my leopard print Hellbounds this Spring. Whew - the ideas are rollin' in! I don't think you guys are ready. ARE you ready? Please provide a detailed analysis of your readiness in the comment forum below.

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

27 comments:

  1. loooooveee these shorts! and love the fact you live in Vegas, Vegas shits on England! although i nearly passed out from the heat when i was there!
    anywayyy, check out my blog please :)
    http://georgiahollyedwards.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much!
    I love the colors and everything. :)
    Have you ever thought about posting pictures of your room? It looks very beautiful.
    Have a nice day.
    Stefany
    from
    http://stefanystrange.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is stunning, I absolutely love it.

    rogue-and-creep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything you wear but that jacket and those boots and those shorts OMG!!!


    burntredd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have dreams about your shoes....

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this! the heavy jewlery always works no doubt
    www.nibbyboi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, look on the bright side, even though you're technically an adult, you're still eightTEEN, meaning you're technically still a teenager too. Eighteen is kind of awkward. It's right in the middle between childhood and adulthood, so I guess you could go either way still ;)

    The Quiet Spaces

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect outfit. I'm pretty ready for what you have next!!
    Love & Labels

    ReplyDelete
  9. your such a cute, glam biker chic :)
    ~Natalia
    sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com (come and visit sometime)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dearest girl, I kinda wish I was as cool as you when I was your age which was... three years ago but I like to sound old and wise and I do feel old. Eighteen is a great age because you are allowed to do a lot of things but you are still considered a teenager. You get the best from both world.

    Those shorts are really a piece of art. I want to hang them next to my bed so I can see them all the time. I can't wait to see what other outfits they will be a part of.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, amazing outfit and amazing post. Was literally slapping knee with laughter. Ok, maybe not literally, but almost literally. Promise! And as to my readiness, I WAS BORN READY.

    Pip x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This outfit is, as always, stunning. I am obsessed with your grungy-glam looks, and those pink shorts are total perfection! I particularly like how well finished off your outfits are with all your accessories, and I wish I applied that to my own wardrobe more often. you are indisputable proof (if any were needed) that minimalism is most definitely not the only way to go! xx

    http://thechicapprentice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this outfit its so cool!

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing look as usual !
    http://www.style-oh-livia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This outfit made me want to get off my computer and go to the beach. Too bad I live miles away from a beach in the land of dismal weather (England). Ugh, how I long for summer! Your entire wardrobe is the closest thing to perfection I've ever seen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look amazing!
    love your shorts!

    xoxo
    http://tastemycloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this outfit. Those shorts are perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  18. aaaa! for you know, I love your pants so damn muchhh
    if I can buy the same one

    love.love
    bellionducky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. AWESOME!! I love your maverick!! xoxo
    http://miestiloesmimundo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey! que ooutfit mas sobrecargado y lindo! :)

    http://dancingwithtearsgf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hiiiiiiiiii, i loved her outfits *O* each ones more pretty than the other !!!!!!!!!!! I´m following you XD

    walking--with--strangers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Venice beach would love to have you. Especially with those awesome glasses!

    ReplyDelete